The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has today published an updated Issue (2.0) of MCS 011 and has issued MCS 010 (Issue 2.0) for public consultation.
The changes to MCS 011: Acceptance Criteria for Testing Required for Product Certification are to clarify the testing criteria and are summarised below:
- Change to the title of the document;
- The inclusion of a Foreword with a three month transition period;
- Update to Clause 1 “Introduction”;
- The addition of Clause 2 heading “Testing Acceptance Criteria”;
- The inclusion of additional text within Clause 2.1.4 regarding product families;
- Minor amendments to text within Clauses 2.2 and 2.3 and update to the sub-headings;
- Clarification of text within Clause 2.4 and update to the sub-heading; and
- Updates to clause numbering throughout the document.
MCS 011 Issue 2.0 can be found on the MCS website here.
In addition, the MCS has today published MCS 010: Generic Factory Production Control and Product Quality Requirements for a one month consultation period. The proposed changes aim to provide clarity on the responsibilities of the MCS Product Certificate Holder or applicant, regardless of whether they are the manufacturer or other participant in the product supply chain/path to market, and to clarify the Factory Production Control (FPC) system requirements.
The deadline for submitting comments is 5pm Friday 21st December 2018.
Both a clean and marked up version of the standard, Supporting Note and the Comment Form can be found on the MCS website here.