The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) has today published an updated Issue (3.4) of MIS 3002. The changes are to update the current references to the Engineering Network Codes and Wiring Regulations.
The changes are summarised below:
- Wiring Regulations reference within MIS 3002 Clause 8 has been updated from BS EN 7671:2001 to BS EN 7671:2018.
- Engineering Network Codes
- Update to references from G59/1 to G99/1 within Clause 8 with a note that G59/1 will be replaced by G99/1; and
- Update to references from G83/1 to G98/1 within Clause 8 with a note that G83/1 will be replaced by G98/1.
- Clause 4.1.8
- An additional clause has been included regarding updates to the Engineering Network Codes to ensure that MCS Contractors certify their generating plants to the latest standards.
A note has also been included within Clause 8 to state that references to BS EN 7671, G59 and G83 within the PV Guide will be updated accordingly.
MIS 3002 Issue 3.4 is available for reference from the date of publication (09/11/2018). MCS Contractors of microgeneration systems who are certificated in accordance with MIS 3002 may commence working in accordance with this update from the date of publication (09/11/2018).
To align with the Feed-in-Tariff order which comes into force on the 12th March 2019, the foreword within MIS 3002 Issue 3.4 has been updated. This means that any Solar PV systems installed and commissioned before 12/03/2019 must be installed to Issue 3.3 of MIS 3002 and meet the relevant eligibility criteria to allow the system owner to claim the Feed in Tariff. Any Solar PV systems installed and commissioned on or after 12/03/2019 must be installed to Issue 3.4 of MIS 3002 and meet the relevant eligibility criteria to allow the system owner to claim the Feed in Tariff.
MIS 3002 Issue 3.4 can be found on the MCS website here.